Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Once upon a purl.....

I've made a promise to myself. I will blog at least once a week. Now for me, thats a freakin' accomplishment! With all the "blah blah blah" a-typical crap working mothers have to do I think a uni formal nod of agreement is in order. Regardless of the boring daily rigmarole I do have things to share..lots of things to share..I've finished a few FO's, which I am extremely proud of! One of which is Verity by Ysolda Teaque (I heart Ysolda) which I made out of Lion Brand Wool Ease made for my adorable daughter. See that beautiful smile, for all those with teenagers you know how rare those are. The next FO is the Cropped Cardigan sans the leaves in a pale buttery yellow Plymouth Yarn Baby Alpaca Brush Solid yarn...so soft..and yummy you could get nekkid and roll around in it..okay maybe when i was younger! Finally, I've got the "lesson" learned project..I thought I would knit up a very comfy warm sweater for vacation in Seattle, Washington i.e. Gwen out of Rowan Big Wool (see picture but please be warned...big wool makes one look umm big). Very disappointing. It only took me a mere week but still, when you put so much energy and devote the little time you have its very disheartening when something does not turn out! Last but not least, I've got a few projects cookin in the kitchen..I'm currently workin on the Slouchy Top from the Knit.1 Spring/Summer 2008 issue..although it has been put to the side so another Verity hat can be done for my youngest daughter and there's this baby shower in two weeks, oh and don't forget those four Christmas presents I need to do...I think I took on way too much then I could chew..but whats life without a little adventure! Knit On!

No comments: